history-2

History

The Bearded Bison Eatery & Ale House sits in a historic old brick building, with records dating back as far 1867. In 1884 it became a drug and dry goods store and by 1891 the original Post Office serving the Berlin area moved into the back of the building. It continued that way until 1911 when O’Connell’s Clothing store moved into the space from across the street, where they operated until 1986. The Bearded Bison hopes to continue this great history and remain a staple in the Berlin community for years to come.